It's always nice to receive an email from a band rather than a PR company; don't get me wrong, I love and use the PR stuff very much, but when a band you admire stops by to check out your stuff, even the little stuff we have here at Veritas Lux Mea, it sorta makes everything worth it.
That all being said, after mentioning my adoration for the Brooklyn band, The Harlem Shakes, I received an email from The Harlem Shakes bassist/singer Jose Soegaard to let me know about another mp3 of theirs, "Carpetbeggars."

If you head over to their Myspace page, you can stream the catchy tune, or download it below, courtesy of Jose. Hope you enjoy the tune as much as I do.
The Harlem Shakes - "Carpetbeggars"
The Veronicas
I posted a little bit about The Veronicas way back when, and I just wanted to briefly reinterate that these women are not only two of the sexiest people to ever hit the stage, but they make pretty damn catchy music as well. If you can't get into the chick/rock/pop aspect of it, buy it for your girlfriend for Christmas. Trust me, she'll thank you.
The Veronicas - "Everything I'm Not"
The Veronicas - "Secret"
The Veronicas at Myspace
The Veronicas Official Site
TV on the Radio
Some tunes from TV on the Radio, who Ryan, another of my favorite bloggers, is constantly raving about, courtesy of John of Situation Rocks:
TV on the Radio - "Province"
TV on the Radio - "Wolf Like Me"
(looks like filehost on above tracks is currently down; check band on them later)
Music Blogger Fantasy Basketball League
Last night we held the inaugural Music Blogger Fantasy Basketball League Draft and it was a decent turnout with 8 managers. I had hoped to get 12, but some people must not have felt up to the challenge.
Competing this year are Cara from Scatter O' Light, Kevin of So Much Silence (who has an awesome b-side from The National up right now), Brian of Bows + Arrows, Everett of Good Weather for Airstrikes, and others. Should be a fun, competitive league.
Luckily I've got my man Dirk as well as Steve Nash and Mike Redd to lead me to the title. I suppose the obligatory trash talking begins now.