Following up on yesterday's post about the Twin Cities Electropunk album out now for free download, we wanted to hit you with yet another electro-punk post, this one courtesy of the Los Angeles band Meho Plaza.
The trio from Meho Plaza are putting the finishing touches on their debut self-titled full-length, which is currently set for a March 6 release date.
Quoting the Los Angeles Times: "The local electro-punk trio [Meho Plaza] earned its share of love for its buzzing, energetic yet oddly dreamy approach to synthesized minimalism. Live, it's even more of a rush."
Los Angeles area electro-punk fans can catch Meho Plaza live @ Spaceland with Pit Party and Rolling Blackouts on Feb 25th. I've got a few friends out in that area and I'm going to suggest they take in the show.
New to Electro-punk? Well, me too. But I liken it a lot to The Minutemen...with a little less jazz. Sample a few tracks from the Los Angeles trio below and see what you think:
Meho Plaza - "I Sold My Organs"
Meho Plaza - "The Beach"
Get more Meho Plaza information here
We also wanted to take a minute to welcome ticket provider Ticket Liquidator to our right nav bar. They've got some great deals on hot selling tickets, including summer tours from Veritas Lux Mea favs Radiohead and REM. Our favorite are the $80 REM tickets currently available for the Walnut Creek Ampitheater in Raleigh, NC for early June. Unfortunately, we live in Wisconsin.