sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Luck O' The Irish? Maybe not... - cakar macan blog



As most of you by now realize, we're not big on timeliness of posting these days. But we're still around here to keep things tidy.

This coming Monday is Saint Patrick's Day, which is basically a drinking holiday for everyone regardless of their heritage, and probably an actual holiday for a few others as well.

Felicia is of Irish heritage, which I enjoy, because we eat a lot of potatoes. I'm not trying to be stereotypical there, but the girl likes potatoes, ok?

Whenever we actually get married, we considered changing our last name to be McGuse, which isn't as cool as McGuiness or McGuyver but rather a combination of two of the best parts of our last names. Plus, I could then sheepily claim St. Patty's Day as a holiday for my newfound Irish last name and wouldn't feel so bad when I went out trolling for green beer that night.

Unfortunately, maybe being Irish isn't all that lucky.

Cracked.com has posted a blog "6 Reasons the Irish Aren't So Lucky" which is a pretty good read. The reasons? Vikings, Ginger, The Tudors, Wolfe Tone, The Potato Famine, and the Easter Rising.

Check out the reasons in depth at Cracked.com

 
Top