sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Update - cakar macan blog

Well, it's been a long time since we've last posted but believe it or not we find ourselves with enough free time this afternoon to stop by and update a few things.

I've been super busy since getting married in September, so the time for per
sonal creativity just hasn't been there, but hopefully you'll enjoy the few finds we have for you today.

I briefly wanted to mention that I'm absolutely disgusted with the Packers this year. Living in Northern Wisconsin there's really not a whole lot other than beer, meat, football to comfort one's soul during these snowy, chilly months, and it appears this year that football will offer no respite as both the Badgers and the Packers are having a tough go of things thus far. I'll admit I've fallen off the Badgers fan wagon since early this season, but I've still held out hope for the Pack. But with as poor as their offensive line has been playing and the numerous penalties there's just no way they can keep themselves in games. Today's game against Minnesota was yet another late h
eart breaker.


Also, I wanted to mention I was very pleased with this year's election results, although I shouldn't say that so loud as my neighbors around here with their McCain bumper stickers and dead deer strapped to their hoods might not take too kindly to that sort of thing. Regardless, if you're excited by the results as I am, you can check out The Attachments track "I Wish I could Always Be as Excited As I am Now" on their MySpace site. I think you can probably figure out their political affiliation after the link.


Ok, on to the music...

A song that's found it's way into my "easy listening" playlist if you will is the track "Get Over It" from Minneapolis synth-psych trio Solid Gold. It's got a smooth groove that certainly helps when you need to chill. You can check it out below (in m4a format):

Solid Gold - "Get Over It"

Get Over It will be released as a limited edition 7" in late November, individually numbered; featuring unique sleeves hand-painted by the band, available through all cool indie stores. The band are currently arranging uk dates for early 09. The album will be released shortly after.

East Coasters looking to catch a show this November should take a look into the husband and wife duo of The Color Wheels. Hitting PA, DC, and NY, the duo look to bring their fun garage rock sound to venues near the Atlantic. They've received some good reviews from our friends over at Everybody Cares ("The pop melodies could happily sit alongside any decent Lemonheads tune"), so you should most certainly have a listen, right?

You can preview a few songs on their MySpace page (we like the Andrew WK reference in "Green Means Go").

This guy apparently thinks he's Robbie Williams (or at least, wants to look like him?) but he's from Brooklyn and he plays music. There's really not that much else to say. You might like it.


Here's
a pretty indie-esque little music video from Omaha band We Are Thunder. It sounds like something that should be on Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, or some other type of music soundtrack for a movie with a similar subject. If you're into that type of sound, check it out.

Speaking of movies, did you catch Sex Drive? I honestly didn't think the movie would be all that funny but I came out of the theater pleasantly surprised at that one. Seth Green pretty much steals it as a sarcastic Amish guy, but the two teens who are always looking for people to party with are pretty classic as well. It's also the second movie I've seen using MGMT on the soundtrack.

Haven't caught Zack and Miri yet or RocknRolla but also looking forward to those both.


 
Top