sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Heartless Bastards The Mountain out today - cakar macan blog

The Mountain artwork by Michael Carney

As I'm sure you've read elsewhere, a band I've really come to enjoy as of late, Heartless Bastards, are releasing their third album today, The Mountain. I fell in love with Cincinnati's Heartless Bastards through WOXY.com, where they are an almost daily play. Even more unusual for me is that I like a band fronted by a woman. I'm certainly not a sexist musically by any means, but I tend not to enjoy woman-vocalists of rock bands as often as I should. Luckily, Heartless Bastards are so damn good it doesn't seem to matter to my particular musical tastes. The Mountain is certainly going to be on my list of things to pick up this weekend.

The band is currently on tour and will probably be stopping by a location near you. Wisconsinites can catch Heartless Bastards April 2 at the Turner Ballroom in Milwaukee. I'm hoping I can go. For a complete list of tour dates visit the band's MySpace page.

If you're new to the Heartless Bastards, you can check out the lead track from The Mountain below:

Heartless Bastards - "The Mountain"

 
Top