sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Musings on new Carolla, Swan Lake - cakar macan blog


Happy Monday, hope you enjoyed your weekend. I've got a couple of things to mention today to help kick off another week here at VLM...

First and foremost, if you are as big of an Adam Carolla Show fan as I am, you were probably as sad to hear about the cancellation of his CBS radio show as I was last Friday. I was apprehensive about going to work this morning and checking out his new, one-man podcast...things like that have a tendency to fall into obscurity rather quickly. Luckily, there was a lot
to love about the first podcast. More vulgarity, similarly vulgar topics, and that wry bit of wisdom that I came to look forward to each and every morning...a smaller dose, sure, but golden nonetheless.

I want to do my part to help spread the word and get the show back up and going, so if you're a fan of intelligent, funny conversation then you really should check out Carolla Radio each and every morning. Try it, you won't be disappointed.

We've got a couple hours until the new "No Reservations with Anthony Bourdaine" comes on so until then we'll be enjoying some Jared Diamond and a few tracks from Canadian outfit Swan Lake. The band is set to release their newest album, Enemy Mine, worldwide on March 24.


Enemy Mine has been discussed on blogs such as Stereogum in the past couple weeks, and there's plenty of reasons why. They've got a mature sound that just oozes talent. We especially enjoy the track "A Hand at Dusk", which you can check out below:

Swan Lake - A Hand at Dusk


Stream more tracks and learn more about the band via their MySpace page


 
Top