sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Setting Sun - cakar macan blog

I feel pretty beat up today, as if during the night a badger awoke, found me in his hole, and decided he wanted no part of our little sleepover. Maybe it's the string of near zero temps, or the fact that I didn't go to bed Saturday night until after 4:30 am...but either way, I'm hurting a bit today. Fortunately for me I've got an evening of funny television in store and a few great emails to in the inbox to share.

I'll admit that I hadn't heard of Setting Sun before I decided to check out their cover of Tom Petty's "You Got Lucky", but now that I have I'm pretty happy about it.


Setting Sun’s cover of Tom Petty’s “You Got Lucky” was recently released as part of Buffet Libre DJ’s compilation CD Rewind 2. It's an interesting cover, one that adds a little bit more of a groove, but it melds nicely with the Petty sound. You can check it out below:

Setting Sun - "You Got Lucky" (Tom Petty cover)

Setting Sun is the genius of Gary Levitt. The Children of the Remix EP, released by the band in November of 2008, is an experimental record that has received a lot of praise from critics such as the USA Today ("Here's another band where I had an impossible time picking one song, since all of them are podcast-worthy").

If you are like me, are new to Setting Sun, and liked what you heard on the Petty cover, why not drop by the band's MySpace site to learn more, and be sure to check out an additional original track below:

Setting Sun - "They're Calling"

 
Top